The semi-submersible drilling rig Bredford Dolphin drilled the well to a total depth of 2,975 metres below mean sea level and in a water depth of 382 metres.
What does BMSL stand for?
BMSL stands for Below Mean Sea Level (measurement)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BMSL
We have 4 other meanings of BMSL in our Acronym Attic
- Bundesministerium für Soziale Sicherheit, Generationen Und Konsumentenschutz (Austria)
- Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry
- Blanc Mesnil Sport Hockey (French amateur hockey)
- Bellingham Memorial Senior High School (Bellingham, MA)
- Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Institute
- Broad Market Social Index (Kinder, Lydenberg, Domini & Co. Research and Analytics, Inc.)
- Business Management Systems, Inc.
- Business Modernization and Systems Integration (US DoD)
- Body Mind Spirit Journeys (Montauk, NY; travel)
- Battelle Marine Sciences Laboratory
- Brampton Madoc Softball League (Ontario, Canada)
- Buried Microstrip Line
- Bituminous Mine Subsidence and Land Conservation Act (Pennsylvania)
- Brief Multidimensional Students' Life Satisfaction Scale (France)
- Bharatiya Minorities Suraksha Mahasangh (Indian Minorities Protection League)
- Buddhist Missionary Society Malaysia
- Burst-Mode State Machine
- Buy More, Save More (retail business strategy; various organizations)
- Bite My Shiny Metal Ass (Futurama TV show)
- Building Maintenance & Strata Management Act (Singapore)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Dead Sea won't be losing its title of lowest place on land anytime soon; its seafloor bottom is still around 730 meters below mean sea level, compared with 240 meters for the next lowest, the Sea of Galilee.
The planned total depth is 2,085 metres below mean sea level.
Under the tidal regime of the Venetian lagoon (which today has a range of about 80 cm), this implies that the surface where the boat came to rest stood some 30-50 cm below mean sea level at the time.
The planned total depth is 1,960 metres below mean sea level.
KHE-102 encountered the Butmah Formation at a depth of 2847 metres Measured Depth below rotary table ("m MD brt"), 2442 metres True Vertical Depth below mean sea level ("m TVD bmsl"), some 16 metres shallow to prognosis.