The average regional Bell operating company, such as Nynex or Bell Atlantic, is in an even worse position.
What does BOC stand for?
BOC stands for Bell Operating Company
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BOC
We have 170 other meanings of BOC in our Acronym Attic
- Basic Officer Course (Singapore Civil Defence Service)
- Basic Operational Capability
- Basic Oxygen Converter
- Battalion Operation Center
- Battery Operations Center
- Bayerische-Osterreichisch Correspondenz (German: Bavarian-Austrian Correspondence; postal treaty)
- Baziège Olympique Club (French: Baziège Olympic Club; Baziège, France)
- BC2A Operations Center
- Beer O'Clock
- Beginning Of Cycle
- Berkshire Opera Company (Massachusetts)
- Best of Canada (gaming clan)
- Best of Citysearch (resource; various locations)
- Best Operational Capability
- Beverage Of Choice
- Bilateral Occipital Calcification
- Bilingual Orientation Center (Washington)
- Binary Offset Carrier
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- Bishops of Opposite Colour (game of chess)
Samples in periodicals archive:
may be collect, billed to an MCI Card, Bell Operating Company card or billed to a third party in the U.
Farina served in key management positions at Bell Atlantic, including as President and Chief Executive Officer of Bell Atlantic's Data Solutions Group, Executive Vice President-Operations Assurance for Bell Atlantic, and as both Vice President-Corporate Business Development of NYNEX Corporation, a Regional Bell Operating Company that is now part of Verizon, and President of the NYNEX Network Systems Company, leading NYNEX's international expansion into Europe and Asia.
Nasdaq NMS: EVOL), a leading developer of telecommunications software solutions that enable the next generation of telecommunications and Internet services, today reported that a delay in finalizing a major contract from an existing Regional Bell Operating Company (RBOC) customer will cause the Company to report a net loss of approximately $.
This contract is particularly significant for Siemens Stromberg- Carlson in that Ameritech is now the second Regional Bell Operating Company to move toward commercial SMDS service based on our EWSM Cell Switching System," said Daryl Elgen, regional vice president for Siemens Stromberg-Carlson.
The often-overlooked LEC market owns approximately 16 percent of the twisted copper pair that delivers telephone service to business and residential customers--a market share comparable to a large Regional Bell Operating Company.
has again been selected and approved by another major Regional Bell Operating Company, AMERITECH Corp.
Section 271 approval requires that the Bell Operating Company (BOC) provide service to competitors at parity with its retail offerings.