People who engage with NASA through Twitter, Facebook and Google+ also will travel to Apollo Valley to see the historic Apollo antenna and 34-meter Beam Waveguide Cluster antennas; take a trip to Mars Valley, home of the large 70-meter Mars antenna (230-foot dish); the 34-meter Uranus antenna and Signal Processing Center 10; and the Spacecraft Operations Control Center.
What does BWG stand for?
BWG stands for Beam Waveguide (antenna)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BWG
We have 73 other meanings of BWG in our Acronym Attic
- Bangladesh Water and Flood Management Strategy (published 1996)
- Black Women Film Preservation Project (Atlanta, GA)
- Burst-Based Weighted Fair Queueing
- Big Wu Family Reunion (music festival)
- Binary With Follow-Up
- Brigade Warfighter Exercise
- Balboa Water Group (Tustin, CA)
- Bankers Warranty Group (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Bankwesengesetz (Federal Law on Banking, Austria)
- Barrington-Wellesley Group, Inc.
- Beatwork Group (record label)
- Bergwerk-und Walzwerk Maschinenbau GmbH (German: Mine and Mill Engineering; Duisburg, Germany)
- Berliner Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft eV (Berlin Scientific Society, registered)
- Big White Guy (website)
- Big Wide Grin (band)
- Bilateral Working Group (various locations)
- Biodiversity Working Group
- Bioinformatics Working Group (Texas A&M University)
- Biometrics Working Group (CESG)
- Biotechnology Working Group (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7 million contract from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) to build two additional 34-meter (112-foot wide) beam waveguide antennas as part of NASA's modernization and transformation plan to continue scientific studies of the Earth as well as explore distant bodies in the solar system.
The antenna pedestal will contain a 7-mirror Beam Waveguide System that leads the RF beam to the feeds and the transmit/receive equipment inside the tower.