After returning to New York City, Wainapel went on a 10-month world tour with singer Ray Charles, then moved to San Francisco, where he was nominated for two Bay Area Music Awards (as outstanding reed player and outstanding jazz musician).
What does BAMA stand for?
BAMA stands for Bay Area Music Awards
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAMA
We have 39 other meanings of BAMA in our Acronym Attic
- Business Asset Management (enterprise software)
- Business Associate Messaging
- Business Availability Management
- Bust-A-Move (game)
- By All Means
- Bricks and Mortar Online Extension
- Bay Area Manufacturers Association
- Bay Area Mathematical Adventures
- Bay Area Miata Association
- Bay Area Multihull Association
- Boat Anchor Manual Archive
- BoatAnchor Manual Archive (Ham radio manuals)
- Boston Atlanta Metropolitan Axis (William Gibson books)
- British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association
- British Army Motoring Association
- Brotherhood Association of Military Airmen
- Battery Aware Medium Access Control
- Bellcore Automatic Message Accounting Format
- Bangladesh Association for Maternal and Neonatal Health (est. 1979; Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Botswana Agricultural Marketing Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
She was Media Director for The Bay Area Music Awards and Assistant Vice President of The BAM Network, a national magazine affiliation representing advertising for 12 regional music publications.
The awards, which had been known as the Bay Area Music Awards or Bammies, will be presented March 7 in San Francisco.
Pop honors Chapman big winner at Bammies Tracy Chapman, the folk-pop songwriter who reinvigorated her career with the aptly titled album ``New Beginning,'' was the big winner at the Bay Area Music Awards, winning four Bammies.
BAM also sponsors the annual Bay Area Music Awards (Bammies) in San Francisco, and other BAM Media publications include MicroTimes and Music Universe on Apple's eWorld.
Happy day for writer of blue tunes Sad songs about love gone wrong brought Chris Isaak a handful of Bay Area Music Awards.