The Baum-Welch algorithm  is an expectation maximization algorithm and it is applied to calculate the expected number of times each transition or emission is used to adjust the parameters to maximize the likelihood of expected values.
What does BWA stand for?
BWA stands for Baum-Welch Algorithm (Markov chains)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BWA
We have 94 other meanings of BWA in our Acronym Attic
- Bandwidth Request
- Biological Warfare/Chemical Warfare
- Beast Wars Second (Transformers cartoon)
- Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck
- Buffalo Wings 3
- Backward Wave Amplifier
- Bangladesh Women's Association (UK)
- Baptist World Alliance
- Baseball Writer's Association
- Bau-, Werbe- und Anlagenverwaltungs GesmbH (Austria)
- Benbrook Water Authority (Benbrook, Texas, USA)
- Benzoni Wheels Accessories (Milano, Italy)
- Beschermde Werkplaats Aarschot (Aarschot, Belgium packaging manufacturer)
- Best Workplace in America
- Betriebswirtschaftliche Analyse (German: business analysis)
- Better with Age
- Better World Alternatives (Phoenix, AZ )
- Bhairawa, Nepal - Bhairawa (Airport Code)
- Billiards World Cup Association (Kessel, Netherlands)
- Biological Warfare Agent
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the training stage, we usually work with the Baum-Welch algorithm to estimate the parameters ([[PI].
The Baum-Welch algorithm is generally used to train the transition and symbol probabilities of an HMM .