The military personnel on board included members of RAF 9 Squadron, 33 Medical Regiment, the Royal Anglian Regiment and battle group support staff.
What does BGS stand for?
BGS stands for Battle Group Support
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BGS
We have 155 other meanings of BGS in our Acronym Attic
- Bacillus Globigiis Spores
- Background Score (theatre/cinema)
- Background Solution
- Balkan Geophysical Society (est. 1993)
- Ballarat and Queens Anglican Grammar School (Ballarat, Australia)
- Ballard Generation Systems (Ballard Power Systems)
- Baller-Gerold Syndrome
- Bandos God Sword (gaming; Runescape)
- Batteries Global Services (France)
- Battle for the Golden Sun (Star Wars novel)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Her many capabilities include wartime functions of undersea warfare, surface warfare, strike warfare, mining operations, special forces delivery, reconnaissance, carrier battle group support and escort, and intelligence collection.
The cables are part of a revolutionary, modular mast that aids in self-protection and intelligence gathering for battle group support by providing detection, identification and direction-finding for radar and communication signals, emanating from ships, aircraft, submarines and other emitters.