30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The rapidly changing market for electric vehicles (EVs), which includes hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric vehicles (HEVs, PHEVs, and BEVs), is a small but important part of the global automotive industry.
What does BEV stand for?
BEV stands for Battery Electric Vehicle
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BEV
We have 25 other meanings of BEV in our Acronym Attic
- Business End User Care
- Blind-Ending Ureteric Duplication (urology)
- Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Yu-Gi-OH! card)
- Boeing Employees Ultimate Frisbee Club (Seattle, WA)
- Black Employees United for Equality (California state employees' organization)
- Bitbus European Users Group (Aachen, Germany; computers)
- BIOS Extended User Interface
- Basic Education in Urban Poverty Areas (Germany)
- Brodska Eko Udruga Zemlja (Croatian: Marine Eco Association Country)
- Base-Emitter Voltage (transistor)
- Beam's Eye View (radiation therapy imaging technique)
- Beersheba, Israel - Domestic Airport (airport code)
- Bell ExpressVu (Canada)
- Billion Electron Volts
- Bio-Electronique Vincent (French: Bio-Electronic Vincent; internal environment analysis)
- Bird's Eye View
- Black English Vernacular
- Black Entertainment Video (French video sharing website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Battery electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids and fuel-cell cars will all be eligible under the plan, set to be phased in 2 years.
will look at powertrain concepts for a mild hybrid electric vehicle, a plug-in hybrid and a full battery electric vehicle.
Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)--powered solely by battery, with no internal combustion engine, with the battery charged externally (for example.
General Motors Corporation (NYSE: GM), an India-based automaker, has launched its Chevrolet Beat battery electric vehicle in India.
Ito made the remarks at the Auto Shanghai 2011 exhibition, where Honda is displaying its Fit EV Concept battery electric vehicle, hybrid vehicles and other environmentally friendly automobiles and electromotive technologies.
While interest in battery electric vehicles (BEV) is growing, with 69 per cent of European respondents having identified themselves as either potential first movers or as might be willing to consider an EV today, current market offerings generally fall far short of consumers' expectations for driving range, charging time, and purchase price.
Combined global sales of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and battery electric vehicles (BEVs) are expected to total 5.