These value-added services are designed to offer immediately recognizable value to basic communications services through a variety of applications.
What does BCS stand for?
BCS stands for Basic Communications Services
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of BCS
We have 551 other meanings of BCS in our Acronym Attic
- Bar Code Sorter
- Bardeen, Cooper, and Schrieffer (superconductivity theory)
- Barnard Castle School (UK)
- Barycentric Coordinate System
- Base Call Scoring (algorithm)
- Baseline Comparison/Correlation System
- Basic Cadet School
- Basic Clinical Skills (medicine; various schools)
- Basic Combined Set
- Basic Combined Subset (ANSI & ITU-T)
- Basic Content Services (Enterprise Content Management Usage)
- Basic Control System
- Basket Club de Souffelweyersheim (French basketball club)
- Batch Change Supplement (AT&T)
- Batch Command Set
- Bates Computer Solutions (Canada)
- Battalion Countermine Set (also seen as BCMS)
- Battered Child Syndrome (abuse)
- Battery Charging Station (various companies)
- Battery Computer System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our Internet revenues result from our offering of broadband and basic communications services to residential and enterprise customers.
The network will provide access to high- quality voice and high-speed data services at speeds of up to 153 kilobits per second to subscribers that, in many cases, lack basic communications services.
With such a large population, vast geography and low penetration of basic communications services, the Chinese market for wireless communications is enormous.
Considering the social nature of rural telephony, irrespective of economic circumstances, more and more developing countries are considering the use of VSATs for delivering basic communications services to their underserved population.
This new marketplace will be characterized by demand for both expanded basic communications services in developing markets and a wide range of new services and flexible service models for the delivery of data, voice, image, entertainment, and knowledge for specific customer segments," said Gary Van Der Linden, head of the Ernst & Young LLP Global Communications Consulting Practice.
Furthermore, this network will enable us to serve more than four million citizens in rural villages, many of whom are living without basic communications services.
In addition to basic communications services, the New York State Thruway network will have the installed capacity and platform for a variety of Intelligent Transportation Systems applications, ranging from enhanced Electronic Toll and Traffic Management (ETTM), to advanced vehicle-to-roadside communications applications such as traveler information services.