The biggest surprise may have been Mike Piazza not being elected by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.
What does BBWA stand for?
BBWA stands for Baseball Writers' Association of America
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BBWA
We have 9 other meanings of BBWA in our Acronym Attic
- Blackstone Bicycle Works (Chicago, IL)
- Born to Be Wild
- Boston Beer Works (Boston, MA)
- Brass Band World
- Broadband Wireless
- Broken Bow, Nebraska (Airport Code)
- Bucharest Business Week (business newspaper)
- Business Building Workshop
- Buyer Beware
- Bergbahnen Brigels-Waltensburg-Andiast (German cable car company)
- Bodyboarding Western Australia
- Brauma Bull Wrestling Association
- British Bavarian Warmblood Association
- Broadband Wireless Access
- Baseball Writers Association of America
- Break Bread With Brad (party to close an Internet-related festival in Austin, TX)
- Balanced Body Wellness Center (Naugatuck, CT)
- Barrington Broncos Wrestling Club
- battery-backed write cache
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA) Hall of Fame ballot features 33 players, including 14 holdovers from previous elections, including Bert Blyleven, Roberto Alomar, Jack Morris and Barry Larkin, and 19 newcomers.
Ward and Griffin also determined that the people who make judgments - the Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA) in the case of the Hall of Fame - prefer to be able to retain control of the evaluation process.
The Baseball Writers' Association of America announces its awards next month and Rodriguez is considered a leading candidate to win his first AL MVP Award.
He has been chairman of the Chicago chapter of the Baseball Writers Association for the last 10 years and is a 12-year member of the Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA).
5 percent of the vote from the Baseball Writers' Association of America his first year on the ballot and this year received 23.
In January 2008, Goose Gossage was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.
Bay, also the first Canadian to win the rookie award, got 25 of 32 first- place votes and 146 points Monday from the Baseball Writers' Association of America.