The RAND note notes that "when OSD escalation indexes are lower than actual inflation (the norm), cost ratios calculated from SAR base year dollars are higher," (27) but that "OSD inflation rates do capture the bulk of price level changes in the economy" (29).
What does BY$ stand for?
BY$ stands for Base Year Dollars
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Bavaria (BaYern, Germany)
- Bay (postal region, Somalia)
- Billion Years
- Brigham Young
- Britannia Airways (UK)
- Budget Year
- BWAY Corporation (stock symbol)
- Bright Yellow 2 (tobacco cell culture)
- Because You Asked
- Berkeley Youth Alternatives
- Billion Years Ago
- Brentwood Youth Activities (Brentwood, NY)
- Brigham Young Academy (1892 to 1904; Church of Latter-Day Saints)
- Brownsville Youth Association (Brooklyn, NY)
- Bulondo Youth Anti-AIDS Association (Uganda)
- Berkeley Yet Another Compiler Compiler
- Buy You A Drink (hip hop song)