TUFI tiles are already being used on the shuttle's base heat shield, which covers the main engines and some other areas that are prone to damage in space but aren't subject to extremely high heat during reentry.
What does BHS stand for?
BHS stands for Base Heat Shield
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BHS
We have 276 other meanings of BHS in our Acronym Attic
- Ballarat High School (Ballarat, Australia)
- Baltic Herpetological Society
- Bangor Humane Society (Bangor, ME)
- Banner Health System (Samaritan Health System and Lutheran Health System merger)
- Banque de l'Habitat du Sénégal (French: Housing Bank of Senegal; Senegal)
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit
- Barbados Horticultural Society
- Barbershop Harmony Society (formerly SPEBSQSA, Inc.; Nashville, TN)
- Barnstable High School (Hyannis, MA)
- Bartlett High School
- Basha High School (Chandler, AZ)
- Basic Human Services (various organizations)
- Bassett High School (Virginia)
- Batavia High School (Illinois)
- Batchelor High School (Louisiana)
- Baylor Healthcare System (Dallas, Texas)
- Bayshore High School (Bradenton, FL)
- Bayside High School (New York)
- Be Home Soon
- Beacon Health Strategies (Boston, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During Columbia's STS-75 mission, the three advanced TPS tiles, known as alumina enhanced thermal barrier (AETB)-12, were located in damage-prone areas on the orbiter's base heat shield and lower body flap.
We added the flight base heat shields around the engines to protect the bottom of the rocket from the prolonged blast of heat and vibration.