Zorge held the barred owl gingerly in her hands with a towel over its head, and walked to the start of the sanctuary hiking trail behind the facility's striking visitor's center.
What does BADO stand for?
BADO stands for Barred Owl (bird species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of BADO in our Acronym Attic
- Broadband Applications and Demonstrations Laboratory
- British Archaeologists and Developers Liaison Group
- Barthel Activities of Daily Living Index (measures walking, transferring from bed to chair, and bladder and bowel control)
- Bristol Activities of Daily Living Scale (UK)
- Bay Area Discovery Museum (California)
- Business Administration
- Barbados Agricultural Development and Marketing Corporation
- Bachelor of Administration
- Business Administrator
- British Association of Dental Nurses
- Barani Area Development Project (Pakistan)
- Bay Area Doula Project (California)
- Bile Acid-Depleted Pigs
- Biologically Active Dust Particle
- Border Area Development Programme (India)
- Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pitbulls (San Francisco, CA)
- Bay Area Drag Racing Club (California)
- Bay Area Datsun Roadster Owners Club (California)
- Behavioral Assessment of the Dysexecutive Syndrome
- Bergen Amateur Dramatic Society (Bergen, Norway)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two of the four study areas identified in the Barred Owl Removal Plan are in Oregon.
26) Information from a band return at the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Wildlife Clinic revealed that a barred owl with significant unilateral retinal detachment survived for 2 years after release.
In addition to the habitat protections, scientists are now acknowledging that the barred owl poses one of the greatest threats to the future of the spotted owl, in addition to the health of some of the forest stands, especially in the drier, eastern regions" said Mark Doumit, Executive Director of the Washington Forest Protection Association.
These included beaver tail splash, great blue heron squawk, woodcock "peent," coyote howl, red fox yelp, deer grunt, barred owl hoot, and the calls of screech owl, killdeer, bullfrog, and gray treefrog.
Along the way, they discovered breathtaking vistas and encountered all sorts of wildlife, from alligators and barred owls to bloodthirsty mosquitoes.
I sat down to enjoy the giggling laughter of barred owls mixed with the lonely hoots of a pair of their great horned cousins; I really enjoy the early pre-dawn a lot.
Although evidence of direct antagonism is largely circumstantial, a recent analysis headed by Forsman showed that the presence of the barred owl correlates with declines or absences of spotted owls.