The Church in Wales, the Baptist Union of Wales and the Presbyterian Church of Wales are all taking part in the initiative this year for the first time, by encouraging churchgoers to invite someone they know who used to attend church to come By KELLY BARKER
What does BUW stand for?
BUW stands for Baptist Union of Wales (Carmarthen, UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BUW
We have 3 other meanings of BUW in our Acronym Attic
- Basic Utility Vehicle (Institute for Affordable Transportation)
- Bella Union, Uruguay (airport code)
- Birmingham University Volleyball Club (UK)
- Bergbau Und Verarbeitendes Gewerbe
- Bibliotheek Universiteit Voor Humanistiek (Library of the University of Humanistiek; Utrecht, The Netherlands)
- Bhartiya Udyog Vyapar Mandal (small business owners' association; New Delhi, India)
- Boston University Virus and Security Tool
- Boston University Vietnamese Student Association (Massachusetts)
- Bristol University Veterinary Zoological Society (Bristol, UK)
- Backup Washer (steel)
- Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (German: Bauhaus University Weimer; Weimar, Germany)
- Biblioteka Uniwersytecka w Warszawie (Polish: Warsaw University Library; Warsaw, Poland)
- Biblioteka Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego (Warsaw University Library)
- Boat Under Weight (rowing competitions)
- Brotherhood of Utility Workers
- Burley-in-Wharfedale (UK)
- Baptist Union of Western Canada
- Bournemouth University Windsurfing Club (UK)
- Bureau of Naval Weapons
- Bureau of Weapons Instruction
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Baptist Union of Wales received the least attention with only a handful of references, mainly to the movement of ministers between Scotland and Wales; but there was also an article in 1906 on the Welsh Revival's impact on the statistics of the Baptist churches in that land.
I was the first woman to be ordained into full-time ministry with the Baptist Union of Wales.
This mission has been endorsed by, among many others, the Bishop of St Davids and the Baptist Union of Wales.
``My son Sion is getting married this year and we would never have been able to afford a holiday as well without winning this prize added Dorothy, who works at Glynllifon nursing home for the elderly in Bangor, run by the Baptist Union of Wales.
The Union of Welsh Independent Churches, the Presbyterian Church of Wales and the Baptist Union of Wales is in complete agreement on this issue.
Nurse Dorothy works with her soon-to-be daughter-in-law at Glynllifon nursing home for elderly, run by the Baptist Union of Wales, near the BBC's Bangor studios.
He also served as chairman of the Ancient Monuments Board (Wales), chairman of the Royal Commission on Ancient and Historical Monuments in Wales and president of the Baptist Union of Wales.