Microsoft is leading this group through chief security strategist Scott Charney, along with Ron Moritz, head of Computer Associates International Inc's security products, and Catherine Allen, CEO of the Banking Industry Technology Secretariat.
What does BITS stand for?
BITS stands for Banking Industry Technology Secretariat
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BITS
We have 75 other meanings of BITS in our Acronym Attic
- Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics (National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine)
- Borok Indigenous-Tribal Peoples Development Centre (India)
- Baltic International Tanker Routes (Baltic Exchange; freight industry)
- Bulletin of Information Technology Research (New Zealand)
- Business Income Tax Return
- Bibliography of Interpreting and Translation
- Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (Australia)
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Security (Baker College)
- Back in the Saddle
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- Barr Information Technology Services
- Base Information Transfer System
- Base Internodal Timing System
- Basic International Telecommunications Services
- Basic IT Skills (University of Nottingham course)
- Battle View Image Transmission System
- Battlefield Information Transmission System
- Battlefield Information Transport System
- Berlin Information-center for Transatlantic Security
- Billable Traffic Study (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hollen serves in national leadership roles on several credit union boards and advisory committees, including the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), Banking Industry Technology Secretariat (BITS) Council, and the Western Corporate Federal Credit Union (Wescorp).
The Banking Industry Technology Secretariat (BITS), a consortium of financial institutions that addresses "emerging issues where financial services, technology and commerce intersect," has created a matrix to help identify and address computer-security risks and regulatory compliance issues that arise in connection with outsourcing.
ECCHO also has been endorsed by the Banking Industry Technology Secretariat (BITS) as the national provider of ECP rules.
The EBPP Business Practices are part of InteroperaBILL, an initiative of the Banking Industry Technology Secretariat (BITS) to develop a framework of technical and business standards that allows all billers to reach on-line customers, and all on-line customers to receive and pay bills across suppliers and platforms.
In addition to GOLD certification, both Syntellect and Integrion will develop a migration path for their products to conform to the new, converged industry standard for electronic financial services announced recently by the Banking Industry Technology Secretariat.
The growth of electronic commerce depends on trust," said Gary Roboff, chairman of Banking Industry Technology Secretariat (BITS) Research & Planning Steering Committee, which focuses on privacy issues.
He is a former director of the Bankers Roundtable, and currently serves on the board of its Banking Industry Technology Secretariat and as a member of its Banking and Financial Markets Committee.