Network administrators using OBM technology can: -- Set bandwidth usage policies by user, group, work role, network and time of day; -- Create upstream and downstream traffic limits, which deny new bandwidth requests when the total traffic exceeds a predefined threshold; and -- Create application-specific usage limits, which deny new requests from specific applications, particularly non-business related requests, when the total bandwidth usage exceeds a predefined threshold.
What does BRQ stand for?
BRQ stands for Bandwidth Request
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BRQ
We have 5 other meanings of BRQ in our Acronym Attic
- Bluebell Railway Preservation Society (Sussex, UK)
- British Retinitis Pigmentosa Society
- Brokers Risk Placement Service, Inc. (Chicago)
- Board for Reconstruction of Public Sector Enterprises (India)
- British Rail Privatisation Safety Unit
- Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Biennial Resource Plan Update (California)
- Bilinear R-Parity Violation
- Biennial Reports Questionnaire
- Bouteilles Recyclées du Québec (French; Canadian bottle distribution and recycling company)
- Brace Questionnaire (orthopedic patient survey)
- Braided River Quilters (Bellevue, NE)
- Brno, Czech Republic - Turany (Airport Code)
- Bulletin de Renseignements Quotidiens (French: Daily Information Bulletin)
- Burst-Resistant Quality (gymnastic inflatable balls)
- Business Renaissance Quarterly (Business Renaissance Institute)
- Bristol RDF (Resource Description Framework) Query Language (now Simple Protocol and Resource Description Framework Query Language)
- Blue River Quarterly Meeting of Friends (Illinois Quaker organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Network administrators using Optenet's OBM technology can: - Set bandwidth usage policies by user, group, work role, network and time of day; - Create upstream and downstream traffic limits, which deny new bandwidth requests when the total traffic exceeds a predefined threshold; and - Create application-specific usage limits, which deny new requests from specific applications, particularly non-business related applications, when the total bandwidth usage exceeds a predefined threshold.
com) is seeking to define a standard method of interoperability which will enable electrical devices (routers and switches) to make intelligent bandwidth requests directly to an optical network, via optical switches.
In addition, Huawei's intelligent optical network equipment has passed the Bandwidth on Demand (BOD) test showing that Huawei's equipment can handle the dynamic bandwidth requests initiated by the Cisco&Avici IP routers.
Furthermore, this allows Service providers to respond to customer bandwidth request immediately, reducing service changes from months to seconds, allowing for immediate revenue generation.
com's new encoding format enabling multiple new compression schemes lowers the amount of on-demand bandwidth requests from the network.