Alsop is bringing her entire Baltimore Symphony Orchestra - to perform a concert that includes works by P.
What does BSO stand for?
BSO stands for Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BSO
We have 174 other meanings of BSO in our Acronym Attic
- Behind the Scenes of the New Testament
- Belangenvereniging Slachtoffers Nieuwjaarsbrand Volendam (Dutch: New Fire Victims Belangenvereniging Volendam; Volendam, Netherlands; special interest group)
- Behinderten Sportverband Nordrhein Westfalen (German: Disabled Sports Association of North Rhine-Westphalia; Germany)
- Bible Society in New Zealand (est. 1846)
- Blind Sport New Zealand, Inc.
- Bach Society Orchestra (various schools)
- Baggage Service Office
- Ballistics Services Office (US DoD)
- Ballon Stratosphérique Ouvert (French: Open Stratospheric Balloon)
- Baloch Student Organization
- Banda Sonora Original (Spanish, soundtrack)
- Banque Saint Olive (French bank)
- Basco, Philippines (Airport Code)
- Base Supply Office
- Basic Security Option
- Basingstoke Symphony Orchestra (Hampshire, UK)
- Battalion/Brigade Signal Officer
- Battlespace Objective (US Army)
- Baytown Symphony Orchestra (Baytown, TX)
- Benzene-Soluble Organics
Samples in periodicals archive:
She also performed at the Maryland Correctional Institution for Women, in a concert organized by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra to coincide with her BSO debut.
Byline: Peter Spaull I RECENTLY wrote of a superb recording of Dvorak's New World Symphony by Marin Alsop and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra on the Naxos Label.
A former director of the New York Stock Exchange, he is active in civic affairs in the Baltimore area and serves on the board of Johns Hopkins University and heads the Endowment Board of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.
And don't be put off because it's American; David Zinman and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra fully understand what Elgar is about and how he should sound.
The recordings that we have chosen to audition are both on the Telarc label, because we thought it would be fascinating to compare what has always been regarded as an excellently recorded Telarc CD from a decade or so ago, David Zinman leading the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (CD-80270, released in 1991), with the recent Telarc release featuring Paavo Jarvi conducting the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CD-80587).
Temirkanov, who won the Moscow National Conducting Competition in 1967, became musical director of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra in 1997.
The former Baltimore Symphony Orchestra maestro, now music director of the Aspen Music Festival and School, is one of the most solidly accomplished conductors working today.