UMBC's formal connection with USGS goes back to 1997, the beginning of the Baltimore Ecosystem Study (BES), a National Science Foundation-funded Long-Term Ecological Research Project whose field headquarters are located on the UMBC campus.
What does BES stand for?
BES stands for Baltimore Ecosystem Study
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BES
We have 189 other meanings of BES in our Acronym Attic
- Bachelor of Educational Studies
- Bachelor of Electronic Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Environment Studies
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies
- Back-End Services
- Background Environment Simulator
- Backhaul Extension Services (UK)
- Backscatter Electron Signal
- Balanced Electrolyte Solution
- Banco Espírito Santo
- Banco Espirito-Santo (Espirito-Santo Bank, Portugal)
- Bankruptcy and Enforcement Strengthening
- Base Earth Station
- Basehor Elementary School (Kansas)
- Basic Educational Skills (various locations)
- Basic Energy Sciences
- Basic Execution Service (computing)
- Basket en Segala (French: Basketball Segala; Segala, Midi-Pyrenees, France)
- Batch Execution System (application)