REGARDING TomSlemen''s article on the OBOLs - Orange Balls of Light (ECHO January 13).
What does BOL stand for?
BOL stands for Balls Of Light (paranormal phenominon associated with crop circles)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BOL
We have 45 other meanings of BOL in our Acronym Attic
- Bold, Original, Kitchen Artistry (Seattle, Washington restaurant)
- British Okinawan Karate Bugeikai (UK; practitioners of Traditional Okinawan GoJu Ryu Karate; founded 1978)
- Bank of Kentucky Center (Northern Kentucky University; Cincinnati, OH)
- Bermuda Open Karate Championships (annual event)
- British Officers Kegel Club (Germany)
- Brede Overleggroep Kleine Dorpen (Dutch: Small Village Wide Consultation)
- Bank of Oklahoma Mortgage (Tulsa, OK)
- Bouwstoffenbesluit Ondersteunend Kennisgebaseerd Systeem (Dutch: Building Support Knowledge Based System)
- Bachelor of Oriental Learning
- Back On-Line
Samples in periodicals archive:
Several people called police to report the floating balls of light hovering above the Tyne on Saturday night.
Sprites are huge balls of light, usually red, that shoot up above the clouds just after a lightning stroke below.
These symptoms include the following: waking up paralyzed with a sense of a strange person or presence or something else in the room; feeling that you were flying through the air although you didn't know why or how; finding puzzling scars on your body with neither you nor anyone else remembering how you received them or where you got them; seeing unusual lights or balls of light in a room without knowing what was causing them, or where they came from; and experiencing a period of time of an hour or more, in which you were apparently lost, but neither you nor anyone else could remember why or where you had been.
At 9pm the same day, scores of people in Formby see orange balls of light (OBOLs) flying south across the waters of Liverpool Bay - towards Liverpool.