In order to allow the divestiture buyer to better serve disabled voters, ES&S must also grant a fully paid-up, irrevocable, perpetual license to use the AutoMARK, ES&S's ballot marking device for which Premier had a limited license prior to the acquisition.
What does BMD stand for?
BMD stands for Ballot Marking Device
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BMD
We have 110 other meanings of BMD in our Acronym Attic
- Black Metropolis Convention and Tourism Council
- Beet Mild Curly Top Virus
- Blue Mountain Credit Union (College Place, WA)
- Bulk Milk Cooling Unit (India)
- Biologically Motivated Computer Vision
- Brazil-Malvinas Confluence (water region: Argentina and Uruguay)
- Baby Mama Drama
- Bachelor Master Doctorate (degree course)
- Ballistic Missile Defense
- Ballistic Missile Downlink
- Bangladesh Meteorological Department
- Banques Multilatérales de Développement (French: Multilateral Development Banks)
- Bar Mitzvah Disco
- Base Maintenance Division
- Basic Map Display (algorithms)
- Bathymetric Model Data
- Battle Management Defense
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy
- Behind Music Design (music blog)
- Being Missed Dearly
Samples in periodicals archive:
The paper ballot system can be teamed up with a newly certified AutoMARK ballot marking device which is highly accessible for those with audio or visual disabilities, or a language barrier.
Sequoia also supplies specially designed ballot marking devices (BMDs) to New York State.
The company pioneered and invented DRE with VVPAT, auditable OMR voting solutions, ballot marking device and system and many other voting system improvements with 18 issued and pending US patents.
So election administrators should adopt blended systems, such as a combination of optical scan ballots, electronic ballot marking devices with appropriate accessibility features, and multi- lingual paper ballots.
This patented (US 7,077,313) system provides the following unparalleled advantages: [TABLE OMITTED] AVANTE Ballot Marking Device has been proven to be reliable and easy to use in more than half of all New York State counties over the last two years.
Holly Jacobson, Finley's co-director at Voter Action, noted that good alternatives exist to the unreliable electronic voting machines: "Paper balloting, with ballot marking devices for the disabled, is a less expensive, more secure and accountable option, which is why states like Michigan and New Mexico and hundreds of counties around the country have switched or are making the switch in time for the November elections," she said.