Zones in the Caribbean region where distance from shore and water depth meet International Maritime Organization guidelines for ballast water exchange are extremely limited.
What does BWE stand for?
BWE stands for Ballast Water Exchange
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BWE
We have 37 other meanings of BWE in our Acronym Attic
- Battelle World Detergent Program (chemistry)
- Birmingham Web Development Partnership (UK)
- Bureau of Workforce Development Partnership (Pennsylvania)
- Blue Water Dive Resort (Germany)
- Bull Winkle Death Riders (motorcyclist group)
- Belgian Wildlife Disease Society
- Bridgestone Winter Driving School
- Blue Wireless and Data, Inc.
- Baden Württembergischer Dart Verband (German: Baden-Württembergischer Darts Association)
- Back Wall Echo (ultrasonography)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the ballast water exchange method is a leading ballast water control, (56) but is often criticized because it does not fully accomplish the goal of limiting introductions of AIS.
The majority of commercial vessels currently use ballast water exchange as a means of minimizing the distribution of viable aquatic species.
Evergreen has implemented an aggressive ballast water exchange program and has achieved 100 percent compliance with that program for the past three months.
The Act requires mandatory ballast water exchange in the open ocean for ships entering the Great Lakes region, initiates a national ballast water reporting program, and outlines a voluntary ballast water exchange program for the rest of the country that could become mandatory should the Coast Guard determine that shippers are not complying with the voluntary standards.
An application will also be submitted to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) for approval of the EVTN/Maritime Solutions' Ballast Water Treatment System to be accepted as the alternative to ballast water exchange.