The work of Niagolova and co-authors (2005) explored two hypotheses relating elevated concentrations of nitrogen species in drinking water and the disease Balkan Endemic Nephropathy (BEN).
What does BEN stand for?
BEN stands for Balkan Endemic Nephropathy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BEN
We have 67 other meanings of BEN in our Acronym Attic
- Bureau of Emergency Medical Services
- Bureau of Emergency Services (various locations)
- Boston Emergency Medical Services Relief Association (Boston, MA)
- Basic Electronics Maintenance Trainer
- Bio Electro Magnetic Therapy
- Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine
- Bureau of Health Professions Education and Manpower Training
- Battery Electric Multiple Unit
- Bharat Engineering Metal Works (Mumbai, India)
- Backbone Edge Node
- Base Encyclopedia Number (US DoD; also seen as BE number)
- Benghazi Benina International Airport (airport code, Libya)
- Benin (ISO Country code)
- Benson (Amtrak station code; Benson, AZ)
- Bilingual Education Network
- Bio-Electronic Navigator (Treasure Planet)
- BitTorrent Entertainment Network
- Black Employee Network
- Black Environment Network (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Balkan endemic nephropathy and associated urothelial cancer.
William Orem, a USGS geochemist from Reston, Virginia, has been studying Balkan endemic nephropathy (BEN), which occurs in certain areas in the Balkans.