Kuwait's leader added "this conference is held in the State of Qatar in a crucial stage which requires adopting decisions that pave the way for the next phase beyond 2012 towards this phenomenon, and adapting to it whether within the frame of long-term cooperation through effective implementation of the Bali Action Plan in all its elements, and the agreement on the second commitment period for developed countries, without imposing new obligations on developing countries, except for those voluntary actions which commensurate with their national potentials backed with financing, technology transfer and capacity building.
What does BAP stand for?
BAP stands for Bali Action Plan (UN Climate Change Conference; Bali, Indonesia)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAP
We have 207 other meanings of BAP in our Acronym Attic
- Business Analytics and Optimization Services
- Building and Applying Ontologies for the Semantic Web (Portuguese Conference on Artificial Intelligence)
- British Association of Occupational Therapists
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (India)
- Boxer Association of Victoria Inc. (Laburnum, Victoria, Canada)
- Barn Owl (Tyto alba; bird species)
- Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (Texas Parks and Wildlife)
- Beyond All Only Zest (Chinese website)
- Bachelier en Architecture Paysagiste (Bachelor of Landscape Architecture)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Ballistic Artillery Projectile
- Balloon Aerial Photography
- Balloon Angioplasty (heart disease)
- Baltimore Algebra Project (math literacy program)
- Bandwidth Allocation Protocol
- Banker's Association of the Philippines
- Bankruptcy Assistance Project (New York)
- Barometric Absolute Pressure (automotive engine computer)
- Baseline Activity Profile
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since 2007 countries have negotiated under the Bali Action Plan to shape further action under the Convention -- known as Long-Term Cooperative Action (LCA).
What cannot be concluded in Doha should be taken to appropriate bodies under the UNFCCC (UN Framework for Climate Change Convention) for further discussion, thus ensuring that no issue of the LCA or the Bali Action Plan falls off the table,' she said.
The 2007 Bali Action Plan, the Copenhagen Accord, and subsequent climate change agreements have all identified technology innovation and transfer as key to tackling climate change.
The international community at COP 15 should agree, according to the Bali Action Plan, on an agreement for the period after the first commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol, which expires in 2012.
The Copenhagen Conference has decided by consensus to continue multilateral negotiations on two parallel tracks-the Bali Action Plan and the Kyoto Protocol.
So there will be continued negotiations on the Bali Action Plan.
Openness The Bali Action Plan, and the Kyoto Protocol are also two existing processes which are part of the overall process coordinated within the UN, and Calderon said both are important tracks which need momentum to keep up.