To counteract this, the concept of Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) was introduced as part of the Bali Action Plan, and is now being developed further in the context of international climate negotiations.
What does BAP stand for?
BAP stands for Bali Action Plan (UN Climate Change Conference; Bali, Indonesia)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAP
We have 207 other meanings of BAP in our Acronym Attic
- Business Analytics and Optimization Services
- Building and Applying Ontologies for the Semantic Web (Portuguese Conference on Artificial Intelligence)
- British Association of Occupational Therapists
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (India)
- Boxer Association of Victoria Inc. (Laburnum, Victoria, Canada)
- Barn Owl (Tyto alba; bird species)
- Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (Texas Parks and Wildlife)
- Beyond All Only Zest (Chinese website)
- Bachelier en Architecture Paysagiste (Bachelor of Landscape Architecture)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Ballistic Artillery Projectile
- Balloon Aerial Photography
- Balloon Angioplasty (heart disease)
- Baltimore Algebra Project (math literacy program)
- Bandwidth Allocation Protocol
- Banker's Association of the Philippines
- Bankruptcy Assistance Project (New York)
- Barometric Absolute Pressure (automotive engine computer)
- Baseline Activity Profile
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to this, the completion of the Bali Action Plan was also a major achievement.
In 2007, the Bali Action Plan called for risk management and risk reduction strategies and for consideration of strategies and means to address loss and damage associated with climate change impacts.
The discussions seek to advance, in a balanced fashion, the implementation of the Convention and the Kyoto Protocol, as well as the Bali Action Plan, agreed at COP 13 in 2007, and the Cancun Agreements, reached at COP 16 last December.
The discussions will seek to advance, in a balanced fashion, the implementation of the Convention and the Kyoto Protocol, as well as the Bali Action Plan, agreed at COP 13 in 2007, and the Cancun Agreements, reached at COP 16 last December.
The 2007 Bali Action Plan, the Copenhagen Accord, and subsequent climate change agreements have all identified technology innovation and transfer as key to tackling climate change.
The international community at COP 15 should agree, according to the Bali Action Plan, on an agreement for the period after the first commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol, which expires in 2012.
So there will be continued negotiations on the Bali Action Plan.