We are not in a position to block this legislation," he added a day after the European Parliament voted in favor of the new proposal, stressing that Bulgaria will keep its position "in principle" EurActiv reminds that the European Commission proposed last summer to increase the EU co-financing in cohesion, fisheries and rural development policies for countries that have received financial assistance under the balance of payments support mechanism - Romania, Latvia and Hungary- or under the European Financial Stability Facility - Greece, Ireland and Portugal.
What does BOPS stand for?
BOPS stands for Balance of Payments Support (international banking)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BOPS
We have 5 other meanings of BOPS in our Acronym Attic
- British Ornamental Plant Producers (UK; professional organization)
- Balance-Of-Plant Performance Predictor
- Board of Professional Review
- Bridge Overweight Permit Review (software)
- Broad Oak Park Residents Association
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council (New Zealand)
- Business Opportunity and Product Review Ezine
- Bay of Plenty Rugby Union (New Zealand)
- Back Office Performance Support (EU)
- Balance of Payments Statistics
- Biaxial Oriented Polystyrene
- Billions Of Operations Per Second
- Bio-Optical Profiling System (oceanography)
- Bunch Of People Sitting Around a Table (a meeting or committee)
- Bunch of People Sitting Around Talking
- Baan, Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, J.D. Edwards (primary ERP vendors)
- Balance of Payments Statistics Yearbook
- Board of Property Tax Appeals
- Botswana Pool Table Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The IMFs $11 billion balance of payments support program for Pakistan, launched in November 2008 amid a run on the Pakistan rupee, was meant to end in December last year.
2 billion dollars (858 million euros) budgetary and project support from the World Bank and possibly one billion dollars from the IMF for balance of payments support," Duffuor told reporters.
The main purpose of providing balance of payments support to a developing country in a time of recession or approaching recession is to enable the government to pursue the expansionary fiscal and monetary policies necessary to stabilize the economy," the CEPR paper contends.
All the victims [of cholera] are as a result of the freezing of balance of payments support, depriving the country of foreign currency required to buy chemicals to treat our drinking water.
The withdrawal of the multilateral financial institutions from providing balance of payments support to Zimbabwe has led to other bilateral creditors and donors also scaling down or suspending disbursements on existing loans for both government and parastatal loans.
The OPEC Fund had earlier approved nine loans to Grenada, comprising six for balance of payments support and three others that supported projects in the education and transportation sectors.
The widened trade gap, coupled with total absence of balance of payments support from the donors and a decline in remittances, has exerted tremendous pressure on the balance of payments.