Conspecific attraction in a grassland bird, the Baird's Sparrow.
What does BAIS stand for?
BAIS stands for Baird's Sparrow (bird species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BAIS
We have 17 other meanings of BAIS in our Acronym Attic
- Bureau d' Appui aux Initiatives Rurales (French)
- Burst Aggregate Input Rate
- Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies
- Bay Area Immigrant Rights Coalition (Oakland, California)
- Belarusian Association of International Road Carriers (professional organization)
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Bay Area Immigrant and Refugee Services (Fremont, CA)
- Bay Area Incident Response System (California)
- Bellingham Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Society
- Backward Alarm Indication Signal
- Battlefield Airborne Instrumentation System
- Battlefield Anti-Intrusion System
- Battlefield Automation Interoperability System
- Bell Atlantic Internet Solutions
- Blind Adaptive Interference Suppression
- Bay-Arenac Intermediate School District (Bay City, MI)
- Banc of America Insurance Services Inc.
- Bahamas Association of Independent Secondary Schools (Nassau, Bahamas)
- Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology
- Banten Institute for Social Transformation
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, Baird's Sparrows require vegetation that is moderate to tall in stature, sparse to moderately dense, with moderate forb cover, sparse to moderate litter, and low amounts of woody vegetation.
We studied six species, two of which, Sprague's Pipit (Anthus spragueii) and Baird's Sparrow (Ammodramus bairdii) are breeding endemics to the northern mixed-grass prairie, and a third, Chestnut-collared Longspur (Calcarius ornatus), breeds only in the short to mixed-grass prairie of the western and northern Great Plains.