and saw that CPR was already being performed with a bag valve mask.
What does BVM stand for?
BVM stands for Bag Valve Mask
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BVM
We have 43 other meanings of BVM in our Acronym Attic
- Best Value Local Performance Plan (UK)
- Bear Valley Land Rovers (Atlanta, GA)
- Blyth Volunteer Lifeboat Service
- Bounded Variable Least Squares
- Buena Vista Lake Shrew
- Bulbar Ventro-Lateral Surface
- Buckeye Valley Local School District (Delaware, OH)
- Business Valuation and Litigation Services Group (Indianapolis, IN)
- Blyth Valley Local Strategic Partnership (UK)
- Bauhinia Variegata Lilac Trypsin Inhibitor
- Beata Virgo Maria (Blessed Virgin Mary)
- Belgische Vereniging voor Microscopie
- Beyond Virtual Media
- Bienheureuse Vierge Marie (French: Blessed Virgin Mary)
- Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College (India)
- Blessed Virgin Mary
- Blood Volume Monitor
- Boite de Vitesses Manuelle (French: Manual Gearbox)
- Bolsa de Valores de Montevideo (Uruguay stock exchange)
- Bolsa de Valores Mexicana (Spanish: Mexican Stock Exchange)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The pedestrian was seriously injured, and troopers were able to insert an emergency oral airway, apply a bag valve mask, and perform rescue breathing.
In the midst of my scenario - I forgot to put an airway into the dummy's mouth and, flustered, I tried to give rescue breaths using the bag valve mask from the side, instead of from above the head - our defibrillator would not work, requiring us to keep on with CPR in the hope that the ambulance was not too far behind us.