26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation ("MagnaChip")(NYSE: MX), a Korea-based designer and manufacturer of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products, today announced the launch of an advanced 4-channel LED backlight unit (BLU) driver IC (Model: MAP3242) that features a 50% increase in driving power making it ideally suited for TV applications.
What does BLU stand for?
BLU stands for Backlight Unit (LCD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BLU
We have 24 other meanings of BLU in our Acronym Attic
- Better Living Through Technology (website)
- Branch on Less Than Unsigned
- Beet Leafhopper-Transmitted Virescence Agent
- Bibliografie van de Literaire Tijdschriften in Vlaanderen en Nederland (Dutch: Bibliography of Literary Magazines in Flanders and Netherlands)
- Balfour Leadership Training Workshop (Sigma Chi fraternity; annual conference; est. 1947)
- Branch on Less Than Zero
- Bush, Levin, Tecosky, Zinman LLC (Huntington Valley, PA)
- Branch on Less Than Zero and Link
- Branch on Less Than Zero and Link Likely
- Branch on Less Than Zero Likely (computer command)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Not having a backlight unit also means OLED displays can be much slimmer and lighter than anything currently on the market, while also offering much lower power consumption.
makes ultra-slim LED panel lights by using 10 years of experiences of its backlight unit manufacturing and management team composed of specialist from the world's top three LED backlight manufacturers.
Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AM-OLED) displays, which use self-glowing materials, have better picture quality, consume less power and are thinner than widely used liquid crystal displays (LCD) that need backlight units.
To address the diverse demands of industrial display applications, each model features a wide operating temperature range of -20 to +70 degrees Celsius, a replaceable LED backlight unit and long-term product support.
Seoul, South Korea, a leading provider of analog and mixed signal semiconductor products for high volume consumer applications, has launched its new power efficient MOSFET series for use in backlight units of LCD TVs and LCD monitors.
Patented is a double-sided pressure-sensitive adhesive tape used for fixing a liquid crystal display module unit and a backlight unit.
com/research/mcgmt4/global_and) has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese LCD Backlight Unit (BLU) Industry Report, 2011-2012" report to their offering.