On Tuesday night, Marko Devic's shot on the England goal clearly went into the back of the net, a goal which should have been given, and a goal which would have given them hope to inch closer to the knockout stages of the competition.
What does BOTN stand for?
BOTN stands for Back Of The Net
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BOTN
We have 1 other meaning of BOTN in our Acronym Attic
- Blog of the Month
- Brotherhood of The Mercenary (gaming clan)
- Bud of the Month
- Burger of the Month (club)
- Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association of North Dakota
- Berkeley Old Time Music Convention (Berkeley, CA)
- Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency
- Back of the Napkin (Dan Roam book)
- Back of The Neck
- Best on the Net
- Blog of the Night
- Buddies of the Ninth Association (UK)
- Robot Network (usually centrally controlled software agents)
- Better Opportunities Through Online Education (University of Maryland University College)
- But on the Other Hand
- Bombs On Time On Target
- Bombs On Time On Target Come Home Alive
- Botulinum Toxin
- Back of the Pack
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Barons did find the back of the net through Rob Eley as the opening period ended 2-1 in favour of the home side.
Lampard had a quiet game but crucially found the back of the net on 56 minutes after the ball was played back to him inside the box by Florent Malouda.
Coulby took the lead from a corner fed into the six yard box which was volleyed into the back of the net, ending the half 1-0.
Tonight Feeney and MacLean are set to be given another opportunity to put the ball in the back of the net following the 1-0 league opening defeat against Stoke on Saturday.
It's gone into the back of the net and I've scored my first Old Firm goal.
Maybe people give him stick for his all-round contribution but if you have the knack of sticking the ball in the back of the net it's priceless.
You have to put the ball in the back of the net to win, and we weren't able to do that.