All other commercially available ESAs are produced in animal cell lines derived from Chinese Hamster Ovary cells or Baby Hamster Kidney cells.
What does BHKC stand for?
BHKC stands for Baby Hamster Kidney Cell (biology)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BHKC
- Bedroom, Hall, Kitchen (real estate)
- Biblia Hebraica Kittel (biblical studies)
- Bleached Hardwood Kraft (pulp)
- Blind Horse Knives (Steubenville, OH)
- Blonde-Haired Kid (Kingdom Hearts gaming)
- Blue Honor Key (International Order of DeMolay)
- BritishHongKong (Scotland, UK)
- Bukhara, Uzbekistan (Airport Code)
- baby hamster kidney cells in suspension
- British Hand Knitting Confederation (UK)
- Bali Hendara Kosaido Country Club (Indonesia)
- Better Hong Kong Foundation
- Bleached Hardwood Kraft Pulp (printing and writing paper)
- Belgium Hong Kong Society
- Bundesindustrieverband Heizungs-, Klima-, Sanitärtechnik/Technische Gebäudesysteme (German: Federal Industrial Association for Heating, Ventilation, Sanitary Engineering/Technical Building Systems)
- Bachelor of Hebrew Letters/Literature
- Back-Hoe Loader
- Backyard Hockey League (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NovoSeven(R) is produced in baby hamster kidney cells which have been genetically engineered to express recombinant Factor VII.
Virus recovered from baby hamster kidney cells electroporated with transcribed RNA was used for all experiments.
Additional roles for S-IgA in protection are suggested by its reduction of influenza virus attachment and its prevention of internalization of virus into baby hamster kidney cells.