Women's Hospital is a member of the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI), which was launched by the World Health Organisation and the United Nations Children Funds as a global effort to implement practices that protect, promote and support breastfeeding," Dr al-Rifai said.
What does BFHI stand for?
BFHI stands for Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (WHO/UNICEF Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Berkshire Family History Association, Inc. (genealogy; Pittsfield, MA)
- Basic Food Hygiene Course
- Bluegrass Farmworkers Health Center (Lexington, KY)
- Battlefield: High Definition (gaming modification)
- Benton-Franklin Health District (Washington)
- Beukes Familial Hip Dysplasia
- Big Fat Hairy Deal
- Black Family History Day (Atlanta, GA)
- Black Filmmakers Hall of Fame, Inc. (US)
- Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company
- Bridy Fine Handcrafted Jewelry, LLC (New York, NY)
- Buddhist Fat Ho Memorial College (Hong Kong)
- Bass Fishing Home Page
- Berkeley Food and Housing Project
- Broadband for Health Program (Australia)
- Baseline Fetal Heart Rate
- Beaver Falls High School
- Benjamin Franklin High School
- Bishop Fenwick High School (Peabody, MA)
- Bishop Foley High School (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lactation consultants, La Leche League and the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative all appropriately promote breastfeeding, but some members in their zeal to improve breastfeeding rates they--not all by any means--may promote bed sharing.
Stepping up its policy and strategy, the government certified seven hospitals in the country as Baby Friendly Hospital Initiatives, whose prime focus would be promoting breastfeeding.
The doctors said the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative, a national scheme adopted in 1990s prohibiting availability of infant formulas and other relevant items within hospitals and around its surrounding must be re-introduced.
World Breastfeeding Week earlier this month celebrated the 20th anniversary of UNICEF's Innocenti Declaration which called for the implementation of the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative.
He has been a consultant for UNICEF's Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative, and evaluated the first candidate hospitals in Gabon, the Ivory Coast and Canada.
A similarly comprehensive campaign, the UNICEF/World Health Organization's Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative, successfully increased the rate of breastfeeding in the 1990s.
The trust which runs the hospital is involved in a scheme called the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative which is promoted by Unicef and the World Health Organisation.