Waist circumference has been purported to be negatively correlated with Type 2a muscle fibers and positively correlated with Type 2b--much more so than BMI has been shown to be.
What does BODE stand for?
BODE stands for BMI (Body Mass Index), Obstruction, Dyspnea, Exercise Capacity (health index)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BODE
- Bermuda Optimist Dinghy Association (est. 1998; sailing)
- Bodies of Dead Animals Act (Michigan)
- British Overseas Development Administration
- Bulletin Officiel Des Annonces Civiles (French: Official Bulletin of Civil Ads)
- Bulletin Officiel des Annonces Civiles et Commerciales (French: Official Bulletin of Civil and Commercial Announcements)
- Brigade Operations Display and AAR System
- Berkeley Options Data Base (Univesity of California, Berkeley)
- Born-Oppenheimer Diagonal Correction
- British Oceanographic Data Centre
- Bhattacharyya Optical Decoy Evaluation
- Barrier/Obstacle Deployment and Effectiveness Simulation
- Big Ol' Dumb Guy
- Gamma-Butyrobetaine, 2-Oxoglutarate Dioxygenase
- Bulletin Officiel de la Direction Générale des Impôts (French: Official Bulletin of the Directorate General of Taxes)
- Break O'Day Health Resource Association (Australia)
- Bishop O'Dowd High School (Oakland, CA)
- Bioadhesive Ophthalmic Drug Insert (ophthalmology)
- Business Objects Data Integrator
- Business of Diving Institute
- Body Conscious
Samples in periodicals archive:
Then, plot your BMI by age on the appropriate chart below to find out if your body fat falls within a healthy range.
Hosted by Viscount Cobham, the BMI President for 2004, the dinner was attended by BMI members and their guests.
The BMI is a mathematical formula that uses a ratio to express the relationship between a person's height and weight.
Before 1998, the range for a "healthy" BMI was thought to be 23 to 27; in 1998, "healthy" was reduced to 18.
performing right organization BMI saluted the premier r&b, rap and hip-hop songwriters, producers and publishers at its 6th Annual Urban Awards held Aug.
Held at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel, the black-tie gala was hosted by BMI President & CEO Del Bryant and Film/TV Relations VP Doreen Ringer Ross.
LOS ANGELES -- Some of the biggest names in music were on hand to salute legendary singing trio Crosby, Stills & Nash as they were crowned BMI Icons at the performing rights organization's 54th Annual Pop Awards.