The Aegis BMD Weapon System also integrates with the BMDS, receiving track data from and providing track information to other BMDS elements.
What does BCN stand for?
BCN stands for BMDS (Ballistic Missile Defense System) Communications Network
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BCN
We have 97 other meanings of BCN in our Acronym Attic
- Berkshire County Network (Adams, MA)
- Béton à Caractéristiques Normalisées (French: Concrete Standard Characteristics)
- Biblioteca del Congreso Nacional (Chile)
- Billet Control Number
- Binary Cube Network
- Biomedical Communications Network (National Library of Medicine)
- Bird Conservation Nepal (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Birmingham Canal Navigation (England, UK)
- Bloque Cacique Nutibara (Colombian paramilitary bloc)
- Blue Care Network
- Board Certified in Neurofeedback (medical care)
- Boarding Control Number
- Boston Concert Network
- Breast Care Nursing (various organizations)
- Brevet de Cyclotourisme National (French: National Cycling License; French Federation of Cycling)
- British Church Newspaper (UK)
- British Commonwealth of Nations
- Broadband Communication Network
- Broadband Convergence Network
- Budget Customer Number
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since the cost to operate and support a weapon system usually accounts for most of a system's lifetime costs, the resources needed to fund BMDS could be significant as DOD fields an increasing number of BMDS elements.
BMDS fielding opportunities are structured to occur in "blocks.
Ultimately 15 Aegis destroyers and three Aegis cruisers will be outfitted with the ability to engage short to intermediate range ballistic missile threats and support other BMDS engagements using the Aegis BMD Weapon System and the SM-3.
The BMDS Team includes members of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Department of Defense, military service staffs, and industry.
The Aegis BMD Weapon System also integrates with the Missile Defense Agency's BMDS, receiving cues from and providing cueing information to other BMDS elements.
Although some DoD acquisition organizations have, in the past, bridged the organizational and cultural gap between research and development and operational use, the BMDS will be the first large-scale program that comes into operation while still, in effect, in an R & D mode.
Navy will outfit 15 Aegis destroyers and three Aegis cruisers to engage short to intermediate-range ballistic missile threats and support other BMDS engagements using the Aegis BMD Weapon System and the SM-3 missile.