I completely missed a comment part on the back of the maintenance action form where it stated the transponder was removed and awaiting parts for replacement from supply Second, talk with maintenance about the gripes--not only about the aircraft status board, but also about the overall condition of the plane.
What does AWP stand for?
AWP stands for Awaiting Parts (military equipment status)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AWP
We have 115 other meanings of AWP in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs (est. 1967)
- At Widest Point (measurement)
- Attorney Work Product
- Attract WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.) Project (online forum)
- Australasian Wood Products
- Australian Women's Party
- Automatic Weapons Permit
- Availability Work Package
- Average Wholesale Price
- Aviation Weather Processor
- Agricultural Workers Protection Act
- Air and Water Pollution Abatement (Scientific symposium)
- American Wire Producers Association
- American Wood Preservers Association
- Australia West Papua Association Sydney (Spit Junction, New South Wales, Australia)
- Australian Women Pilots' Association (est. 1950)
- All Wales Prescribing Advisory Group (UK)
- Agricultural Workforce Policy Board
- American Wood Preservers Bureau
- Annual Work Plan & Budget
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to the Warranty Claims Role Center and Rental Manager Dashboard, this release gives the Service Dispatcher Role Center greater insight into overdue Service Orders, work orders awaiting parts and technician allocated work orders.
This, in turn, drives a supply mission impaired capability awaiting parts (MICAP) situation where the aircraft cannot perform part or any of its mission because a part, or parts, are needed to fix the aircraft.
FIRST identified over $430 million in savings and cost avoidance in supportability improvements and improved F/A-18 supply availability from 62 percent for the Hornet to 85 percent for the Super Hornet, reducing depot turnaround time and awaiting parts by 41 percent and 64 percent respectively.
Finally, the division added a "sick bay," a rack used to store transponders awaiting parts or special attention.
These type of sensitivities can allow ILS managers to quickly assess the benefits of reducing or increasing I-Level repair response by reducing administrative processing times, achieving faster repair times, reducing awaiting parts time, implementing a faster transportation system and relying on regional repair in-country.
No longer can a soldier take pride in keeping his vehicle well maintained and operational - the Army or NDHQ has either lent his AVGP for training, or it is in Bosnia, or it is broken awaiting parts as a non-operational priority.
In partnership with the Navy's Fleet Readiness Center Southeast, BAE Systems has provided depot-level repair and warehousing that minimized repair turnaround time, improved availability, and eliminated awaiting parts problems that existed prior to the PBL venture.