Byline: MIKE BLACKBURN A SCALE model replica of one of the most famous ships in history is docked in Thornaby awaiting departure later this week.
What does AWD stand for?
AWD stands for Awaiting Departure
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AWD
We have 93 other meanings of AWD in our Acronym Attic
- Artists with Disabilities
- Association of Welding Distribution
- Athletes with Disabilities
- Automated Work Distributor
- Automatic Weighing Device
- Automatische Waehleinrichtung fur Datenverbindungen
- Available Water Determination (Australia)
- Available Without Declaration
- Average Winning Distance
- Avis Worldwide Discount Number (promotional ID)
- Microsoft Fax At Work Document (file extension)
- Alamo Workforce Development Area (San Antonio, TX)
- American Wood Design Awards
- American Working Dog Association
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (Kansas City, MO, USA)
- Aweil West Development Association
- Artillery Weapons Data and Transmission System.
- Automatic Weapons Data Transmission System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The government Airbus is still at the Tripoli International Airport awaiting departure, Bulgarian Foreign Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, informs.
Of the 100,000 people who have been referred for resettlement since 2007 almost half are still awaiting departure to their new homes due to delays in processing mechanisms.
In fact, the bus is in Prenton Lane at its junction with Osmaston Road alongside Prenton War Memorial, awaiting departure back to Woodside.
About 2,000 mainly Iraqi, Afghani and Iranian citizens are currently in Indonesia awaiting departure, according to the Herald.
Alba said the LAPD's Criminal Conspiracy Section makes about nine arrests a month involving people making such casual references at counters or awaiting departure.
Shahzad's plane was on the runway awaiting departure clearance when agents stormed it.
The purpose of the original BallinStadt city was to provide a safe location for emigrants awaiting departure from Europe.