Along with Navy divers and medical presence at the training center, other aviation rates, including aviation warfare systems operator (aircrew), aviation structural mechanic - safety equipment and aircrew survival equipment are also involved in the day-to-day operations of ASTC Jacksonville, something the training center's senior enlisted advisor (SEA) attributed to the teamwork, professionalism and knowledge of the Sailors serving as instructors, equipment maintenance personnel and safety observers.
What does AW stand for?
AW stands for Aviation Warfare Systems Operator (USN rating)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AW
We have 43 other meanings of AW in our Acronym Attic
- Assymetric Warfare (US Army)
- Astral Weeks (Van Morrison album)
- Atomic Wedgie
- Atomic Weight
- Attack Warning
- Attention Whore
- Auction Watch (auction-tool site)
- Authentication Word
- Automatic Weapons
- Auxiliary Winding (voltage regulation)
- Gap Wedge (golf club)
- Water Distilling or Storage Ship
- All Widths & Lengths (lumber)
- Aviation Week & Space Technology
- All Weather - Close Air Support
- Asia Watch and Physicians for Human Rights
- Attack Warning/Attack Assessment
- Air Warrior/Measurement and Debriefing System
- Academic Writing 1 (various locations)
- Aviation ASW Operator First Class (Naval Rating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Crawford, co-pilot; Chief Aviation Warfare Systems Operator Matthew Shicks; Hospital Corpsman 1st Class Scott A.
27, of Virginia; and aviation warfare systems operators William Weatherford, 30, of Oklahoma; Jared John Rossetto, 24, of California; and Petty Officer Bibbo, according to The Associated Press.
Clockwise from top: a chief aviation warfare systems operator scans the horizon above Carl Vinson (CVN 70) from an SH-60H Seahawk on 24 September.
We were detached to HSM-71, the first Romeo squadron on the West Coast," said Aviation Warfare Systems Operator (Helicopter) 3rd Class Aisrael Clarke, a search and rescue swimmer.
Reserve Sailor of the Year Aviation Warfare Systems Operator 1st Class (AW/NAC) William J.
It was an honor to be invited to attend Australia Day," said Aviation Warfare Systems Operator 2nd Class (NAC) Hadley Dykes, from Denver.
Aviation Warfare Systems Operator 1st Class (AW) Jesse P.