In an editorial, the editors said "plenty of scientific evidence" and "dozens of chilling circumstantial incidents" in NASA's Aviation Safety Reporting System convinced them that electronic devices "can interfere with airliners' radio, navigation units, collision avoidance boxes and .
What does ASRS stand for?
ASRS stands for Aviation Safety Reporting System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ASRS
We have 61 other meanings of ASRS in our Acronym Attic
- Amalgamated Society of Railway Servants (est. 1871)
- American Society of Retinal Specialists (eyes)
- Anion Self-Regenerating Suppressor (Dionex)
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Association of Students of the Radiologic Sciences
- Automated Software Reporting System
- Automated Storage & Retrieval System
- Automated Student Record System
- Automated Support Requirements System (NASA)
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval System
- Association for the Study of Religion in Southern Africa (scholarly organization; South Africa)
- Asian Rhino Specialist Group
- ASynchronous Rotary Spark Gap (Tesla Coil spark gap type)
- Availability of School Resources for Science Instruction (index)
- Association of State Rail Safety Managers (Idaho)
- Accounting Services for Research and Sponsored Programs (Northwestern University; Illinois)
- African Senior Research Scholar Program
- Au Sable River System Property Owners Association (Michigan)
- Aviation Safety Reporting System Subcommittee
- Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (Egypt)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The vast majority of Worcester County safety lapses voluntarily reported to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Aviation Safety Reporting System occurred at or in the airspace around Worcester Regional Airport and Gardner Municipal Airport, according to the federal database.
Categories: June 10, 2010, Air traffic control systems, Air transportation, Aircraft, Aircraft accidents, Aircraft industry, Aircraft safety, Aviation, Aviation Safety Reporting System, Commercial Aviation Safety Team (CAST), Data collection, Data integrity, Databases, FAA Air Transportation Oversight System, Information access, Information management, Internal controls, Monitoring, Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen), Research and development, Risk management, Safety regulation, Safety standards, Systems analysis, Systems design, Systems management, Technology
We have estimated that reported events are occurring at a rate of about 15 and perhaps as many as 25 per year, based on a random sample of incident reports filed between 1995 and 2001 with the Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS).
NASA's Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS) is still in place.
An examination of the US confidential aviation safety reporting system (ASRS) shows that, since 2000, 55 take-offs have been carried out unintentionally in the USA without take-off configuration having been set, but the crew got away with the error, NASA's Loukia Loukopoulos told the Flight Safety Foundation European Aviation Safety Seminar at Nicosia on 18 March.
Similar to NASA's Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS), PSOs allow for voluntary participation of standardized and confidential reporting and analysis of data on adverse medical events, without the fear of legal discovery.
The Aviation Safety Reporting System serves as a successful model for this system.