Salma Al Baloushi became the first Emirati woman to fly a plane solo for Etihad Airways; Dr Nabila Al Awadhi got the distinction of being the first Emirati aviation medicine physician; Nawal Al Suwaidi became the first Emirati woman cabin crew; and Noufa Al Afeefi broke the gender barriers to become the first Emirati woman air traffic controller.
What does AM stand for?
AM stands for Aviation Medicine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AM
We have 232 other meanings of AM in our Acronym Attic
- Automated MICAP
- Automation Module
- Automod (defunct GameFAQs feature)
- Autoservizi Meridionali (charter bus company in Naples, Rome and Parma, Italy)
- Auxiliary Memory
- Auxiliary Module
- Auxiliary Motor
- Avant Midi (French)
- Ave Maria (Latin: Hail Mary)
- Aviation Management (US Department of the Interior)
- Aviation Metalsmith (US Navy)
- Aviation Structural Mechanic (USN Rating)
- Away Message (instant messaging)
- Member of the Order of Australia
- Ammunition & Hazardous Materials
- A Small Decline in Morning Peak Expiratory Flow
- Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance
- Advanced Materials and Processes (magazine)
- Anglican Mainstream (UK)
- Anti Media Plus (alternative web news outlet)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nabila Al Awadhi became the first Emirati Aviation Medicine Physician, Nawal Al Suwaidi became the first Emirati woman cabin crew, and Noufa Al Afeefi became the first Emirati woman Air Traffic Controller.
Institute of Aviation Medicine is responsible in particular in the field of high performance military aircraft, selection, control periodic suitability, treatment and monitoring as well as staff training flying the army in the fields of medicine and physiology aircraft.
NAMI employs experts from many aviation medicine backgrounds to perform comprehensive medical clearances for all aviation candidates.
The prince later laid the foundation for a big mosque in the base, a water treatment plant and an aviation medicine clinic.
In order to insure that physicians are prepared for these tasks, formal recognition should be given to the specialty of Combat Medicine just as for Aviation Medicine and Preventive Medicine," added Winkler.
Air Force School of Aviation Medicine, Brooks Air Force Base, Texas, and internationally known authority on zero-g research, told SCIENCE SERVICE.
Along and distinguished legacy of aeromedical research in the "Cradle of Naval Aviation" began when the Navy established its first aviation medicine research unit at NAS Pensacola in 1939.