The Ultrastar 15K147 is Hitachi's highest-performer, delivering average seek times as fast as 3.
What does AST stand for?
AST stands for Average Seek Time (hard disk drive)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of AST
We have 442 other meanings of AST in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Spanning Tree
- Automatic Summary Tables
- Automation of Software Test (International Workshop)
- Automobiles Sportives de Touraine (French motorsports club)
- Autonomous Star Tracker
- Autoscan Tracking
- Autosomatic Training (self help technique)
- Autostore (waveband)
- Avalanche Safety Training
- AVCO Systems Textron
- Aviation Survival Technician
- Avionics System Trainer
- American Society of Transportation and Logistics
- Architectural Selection Tool (Set)
- Assembled Space-Time Turbo Trellis Code
- Acoustic Shield Thermal/Variable Cycle Engine
- Associate in Science Track 1 (college degree)
- A Smart Thin Architecture (ASTA Technology Group)
- Accelerating Software Technology Adoption (SEI initiative)
- Advanced Software Technology and Algorithms
Samples in periodicals archive:
25MB per surface, two data surfaces, two read/write heads, 72 to 120 sectors per track, 12ms average seek time and 250,000 hours MTBF.
6: average access time = average seek time + average latency time (iii) IOMETER 2003.
0ms average seek time, a 2MB cache buffer incorporating a high-speed 100MHz SDRAM memory for high sustained transfer rate, Maxtor's proprietary DualWave processor, and UltraDMA 66 for up to 66MB per second transfer rates.
6GB media, and have a maximum 20MB/sec data transfer rate and 25ms average seek time.
9-millisecond average seek time and a 8MB cache buffer.
3 ms average seek time 1,129 Mb/s maximum internal transfer rate 93.
1 ms average latency 12 ms average seek time ATA-6 100 MB/sec maximum interface transfer rate Ultra DMA (mode-5) 95/95/95 weight in grams 2.