Raw disk drive performance is normally measured in total random I/Os per second and can surpass 100 I/Os per second as the average access time (average seek, latency and data transfer) is about 10ms per I/O on newer drives.
What does AAT stand for?
AAT stands for Average Access Time
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of AAT
We have 205 other meanings of AAT in our Acronym Attic
- Associated Actors and Technicians (Weber State University; Ogden, UT)
- Association of Accounting Technicians
- ATO/ACO Tool
- Atomic Axial Tensor
- Australian Accommodated Tours
- Australian Antarctic Territory
- AutoAlliance Thailand
- Automatic Analog Tester
- Automatic Atrial Tachycardia
- Availability Analysis Tool
- Average Annual Temperature (climate statistic)
- Aviation Advisory Team
- Aviation Applied Technology
- Avis d'Arrêt de Travail (French: Stop Work Notice)
- AWSIM (Air Warfare Simulation Model) Analysis Tool (US DoD)
- Azur Affrètement Transports (French transportation company)
- Aortic Aneurysm, Familial Thoracic 1
- Alabama Aerospace Teachers' Association
- American Airlines Travel Academy
- American Art Therapy Association, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
As a CD-ROM player, it delivers 48X max performance, an 85ms average access time, and a fast 40X Digital Audio Extraction (DAE) speed.
With competitive seek times in the industry, Samsung's COMBO offers Average Access Times of 120ms for DVD and 110ms for CD.
With an average access time of 120 ms at an average speed of 3,500 rpm, the DVD-ROM can be used even in the most demanding applications.
The average access time of most CD-ROM drives is 300 ms to 600 ms.
6: average access time = average seek time + average latency time
This can surpass 100 I/Os per second since the average access time (average seek, latency and data transfer) has gone below 10ms per I/O on newer drives.
A 36GB cartridge (72GB compressed) is also available, featuring the performance advantages of AIT-2, plus quicker average access time to data at a lower price point.