Each transformer has a primary side auxiliary winding to supply input power to the power IC, further reducing power loss.
What does AW stand for?
AW stands for Auxiliary Winding (voltage regulation)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AW
We have 43 other meanings of AW in our Acronym Attic
- Associate Warden (prisons)
- Assymetric Warfare (US Army)
- Astral Weeks (Van Morrison album)
- Atomic Wedgie
- Atomic Weight
- Attack Warning
- Attention Whore
- Auction Watch (auction-tool site)
- Authentication Word
- Automatic Weapons
- Aviation Warfare Systems Operator (USN rating)
- Gap Wedge (golf club)
- Water Distilling or Storage Ship
- All Widths & Lengths (lumber)
- Aviation Week & Space Technology
- All Weather - Close Air Support
- Asia Watch and Physicians for Human Rights
- Attack Warning/Attack Assessment
- Air Warrior/Measurement and Debriefing System
- Academic Writing 1 (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A short-circuit protection independent of the auxiliary winding ensures a safe and robust design.
Adding a primary auxiliary winding or a small gap to the transformer expands the number of possible configurations to over 1000.
The NCP1207 is self-supplied from a 40 volt (V) to 500 V dc rail, so it requires no transformer auxiliary winding or associated passive components.
The NCP1200 is self-supplied from a 42 volts to 500 volts DC rail requiring no transformer auxiliary winding and associated passive components.
The TEA1401t self-oscillating flyback power supply controller derives feedback on output voltage and current from an auxiliary winding on the isolation transformer, eliminating the need for any current or voltage sensing circuitry on the secondary side of the transformer.