Frost & Sullivan honored Calypso with the 2005 Wi-Fi Technology of the Year Award for its revolutionary Automatic Switching of Network Access Points (ASNAP) technology that enables seamless roaming between Global Systems for Mobile communications (GSM)-based cellular / GPRS and 802.
What does ASNAP stand for?
ASNAP stands for Automatic Switching of Network Access Points (CalypsoWireless Inc.)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
- Ancilla Student Nurse Association
- Architecture and Services of Network Applications
- Arctic Slope Native Association
- Arkansas Student Nursing Association
- Arts & Sciences Networking Administrators
- Asylum Seeker Networks Australia
- Auto Shows of North America
- Aviation Safety and Noise Abatement Act of 1979
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic (Cambridge University)
- Federation of ASEAN Accounting Firms
- Agribusiness in Sustainable Natural African Plant Products
- Advanced Satellite with New System Architecture for Observation (Japan)
- Associated Students of Northern Arizona University
- Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad (Malay: National Trust Limited; est. 1979)
- Autism Society of New Brunswick (Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Anthroposophical Society in North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council (Los Angeles, CA)
- ATM Switching Network Controller (Siemens/Stromberg-Carlson)
- Autism Society of North Carolina
Samples in periodicals archive:
Calypso's patented Automatic Switching of Network Access Points ASNAP(TM) technology represents the convergence of cellular and Wi-Fi, thereby enabling any mobile device such as the Calypso C1250i WiFi-GSM to switch seamlessly between the cellular network and wireless IP networks through Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) with Wi-Fi," further adds Sarrazin.
Calypso's patented automatic switching of network access points (ASNAP(TM)) technology represents the convergence of cellular and Wi-Fi, thereby enabling any mobile device to switch seamlessly between cellular and wireless IP networks through wireless local area network (WLAN).