Furthermore comprised in the installation is a glass cockpit system with three displays, an automatic flight control system (AFCS), new com/nav equipment, crew seating and weapons capabilities.
What does AFCS stand for?
AFCS stands for Automatic Flight Control System
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of AFCS
We have 68 other meanings of AFCS in our Acronym Attic
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (UK MoD)
- Armed Forces Courier Service
- Army Facilities Components System
- Artillery Fire Control Systems
- Asian Family Counselling Service (UK)
- Atlanta Fulton County Stadium
- Australian Forest Certification Scheme
- Automated Fire Control System (US DoD)
- Automatic Facilities Control Subsystem
- Automatic Fire Control System
- Aviva Family and Children's Services (Los Angeles, CA)
- Senior Chief Aircraft Maintenanceman (Naval rating)
- Air Force Communications Service/Communications Computer Programming Center
- Air Force Center for Studies & Analysis
- Air Force Communications-Computer Systems Architecture
- Air Force Scientific Advisory Board
- Association of Former Customs Special Agents
- Air Force Claims Service Center (Kettering, OH)
- Air Force Command and Staff College (Greece)
- Air Force Cryptologic Support Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Included in the G1000 upgrade are the GFC 700 three-axis, fully digital, dual channel, fail safe automatic flight control system (AFCS).
Greg Barnes, S-76D Chief Program Pilot, said those who have flown it cited the aircraft's power and performance, but also marveled at the automatic flight control system and interactivity.
Aviators want an anti-skid wheel brake system, a more robust and reliable automatic flight control system and a more powerful engine, such as the Rolls Royce T56-A-427A that is used on the forthcoming E-2D Hawkeye.
During pre-launch drone system checks, the drone experienced an uncommanded disengage (drone reverts to cockpit control), coupled with a complete loss of telemetry data between the ground stations and the drone's onboard Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS).
and 80 foreign patents concerning aircraft terrain avoidance systems, HUDs, speed control/auto throttle systems, stall warning systems, automatic flight control systems, and weight and balance systems.
The aircraft is a modified Schweizer 330P helicopter with an automatic flight control system.
The hopes for regaining that stability were pinned on a very complicated automatic flight control system called ARTS.