Leading health campaigners, including the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the British Medical Association, joined by the likes of Gerrard, boxer Amir Khan and Tottenham player Gareth Bale, have signed a letter urging David Cameron to support legislation which will ensure the provision of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) in the community.
What does AED stand for?
AED stands for Automatic External Defibrillator (less common)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AED
We have 204 other meanings of AED in our Acronym Attic
- Associated Equipment Distributors
- Association des Etudiants en Droit (French: Law Students Association; various locations)
- Astro-Electronics Division
- Atomic Emission Detector
- Attraction and Entertainment Design
- Auger Electron Diffraction
- Australasian Education Directory (est. 2010)
- Automated Engineering Design
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Automatic Email Deletion (records management policy)
- Aviation Engineering Directorate (US Army Aviation and Missile Command, AMCOM)
- United Arab Emirates Dirham
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (currency)
- .ae Domain Administration (United Arab Emirates)
- Aboriginal Education Direct Assistance (Australia)
- Alberta Economic Development Authority (Canada)
- American European Dietetic Association
- Ammunition, Explosives, & Dangerous Articles
- An Experimental Design Approach
- Aroma Extract Dilution Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
Optimal SCA Treatment: While sudden cardiac arrest victims need CPR or a life-saving shock from an automatic external defibrillator (AED) within 4 to 6 minutes to have a chance of surviving, only one in three respondents correctly estimated this critical treatment time.
Surviving SCA at Home: Results from the international Home Automatic External Defibrillator Trial (HAT) suggest that AEDs and CPR are equally helpful for treating victims who are stricken by cardiac arrest at home.
It also covers heart devices such as implantable cardiofibrillators, automatic external defibrillators, left ventricle assist devices, pacemakers, pacemaker leads, cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillators, St.
Oct 2, 2006 Phoenix Sky Harbor Those Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDS) make a difference.
The three partners have done considerable research on the subject since encountering a similar case involving the sudden death of a high school athlete, and are now campaigning for the availability of automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) in all public schools and buildings.
Owners also insist that today's security guards be rehearsed in several first-aid measures, including CPR and the use of automatic external defibrillators, which can save the life of a heart attack victim.
is recalling AED20 automatic external defibrillators (part No.