The team was also asked to explore the costs and information technology requirements for establishing an automated logistics system, which will ensure the right medicines will be ordered, shipped, delivered, received and available at the right time.
What does AUTOLOG stand for?
AUTOLOG stands for Automated Logistics System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Automatic Computed Air Release Point (system; US military)
- Aircraft Providing Automatic R/T Relay
- Automatic Processing of Design Codes of Practice
- Automated Communicator
- Autonomous Navigation and Orbit Control
- Automatic Conferencing Network
- Automatic Digital Network
- Automatic Digital Network/Defense Message System
- Automatic Execution (MS-DOS startup batch file)
- Automatic Identification Advanced Technologies (IEEE workshop)
- Automated Corrective and Evolutionary Maintenance for Database Intensive Application Products
- Automata: from Mathematics to Applications
- Autonomic Computing and Communication Systems (Conference)
- Automatic Payment System
- Automotive Payment Module
- Automatic Personal Identification Code
- Automated Peak Peaking in NMR Spectroscopy
- Automated Retail Outlet System
- Auto-Rendezvous Point (Cisco)
- Agency Upgrade of Technology for Office Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
Navy contract to continue development of an automated logistics system that will help Marines plan and re-evaluate missions based on real-time battlefield data.
GCSS-Army and DFPS GCSS-Army, which is an automated logistics system designed to reengineer outdated logistics Standard Army Management Information Systems (STAMISs), uses DFPS (along with SAP's ERP Central Component 6.
Automated logistics systems are used to tie all of the DMC missions together.
The predominant justification criterion for the investment decision is 'cost per item handled', demonstrating that highly integrated, automated logistics systems can indeed be effective and economic, as well as highly productive and flexible.
DSE (also known as Digital Systems Engineering) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of touch-screen, industrial and ruggedized computer systems for customers in the industrial controls, monitoring and information systems, electronic manufacturing, warehouse management and automated logistics systems markets.
The table below illustrates how the Army has evolved automated logistics systems by simply transferring them onto more powerful hardware platforms without addressing the major historical problems and known capability gaps.
Working with Bay Networks, Unisys will use its automated logistics systems to manage the deployment of parts, providing both companies with the information to optimize inventory levels for maximum customer satisfaction.