2, every library user will receive a brand new library card with a barcode on it, as the library switches to an automated library system.
What does ALS stand for?
ALS stands for Automated Library System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALS
We have 425 other meanings of ALS in our Acronym Attic
- Athena Language School (Greece)
- Atlanta Linux Showcase
- Augmented Logistics Support
- Aurora Loan Services, Inc
- Australian Laboratory Services Pty Ltd
- Australian Lifeguard Service (Surf Life Saving Australia)
- Australian Literary Studies (est. 1963; journal)
- Australian Literature Society (now Association for the Study of Australian Literature)
- Authorized Long Supply
- Autographed Letter Signed
- Automated Lien System
- Automated List Service
- Automatic Landing System
- Automatic Laser Shutdown (Alcatel)
- Automatic Linear Slide (Switch)
- Autonomic Logistics System (aviation maintenance)
- Autonomous Listening Station
- Auxiliary Lighter
- Azimuth Laying Set
- Advanced LMFBR (Liquid-Metal Fast Breeder Reactor) Systems Design and Analysis Working Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Library staff have worked hard over the years to ensure a good reliable service and long-serving staff, such as Lesley Astell and Val Sonley, well remember the arrival of the automated library system in the 1980s which revolutionised circulation and cataloguing processes.
As the world's leading provider of automated library systems and services, Ameritech Library Services offers libraries of all types around the world a full range of automation, information access and Internet solutions.
By providing their innovative library technology in a Software-as-a-Service model (SaaS), Keystone Systems, a leading provider of automated library systems, can offer libraries with budgetary constraints, access to much needed online services.
Cleveland Public Library, which has used DRA's software since the late 1970s, also operates Clevnet, the largest fully operational, integrated, automated library system in the country, through which it provides services to 28 additional library systems in northern Ohio with a total annual circulation of approximately 20 million items.
These partnerships have created new markets for print production databases by providing a method to integrate them directly with automated library systems or via separate search engines.
In addition to tutoring assistance, the 100 students enrolled in the after-school program will have the option of two hours of additional activities using an automated library system or NovaNET's individualized, self-paced and standards-based courses covering language arts, math, science and social studies.
It does this by linking the individual local automated library systems at the member libraries to a shared central system where a master union catalog is maintained.