Another benefit is increased in-theater military presence with fewer military assets," said David Riley, Boeing's automated aerial refueling program manager.
What does AAR stand for?
AAR stands for Automated Aerial Refueling (US NASA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AAR
We have 220 other meanings of AAR in our Acronym Attic
- Association of American Railroads
- Association of Authors' Representatives, Inc.
- Association to Aid Refugees (Japan)
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Review (Springer publication)
- At Any Rate
- Atlas of Australian Resources
- Audit Agenda Record
- Authority for Advance Rulings (India)
- Authorized Area Representative
- Auto Analysis Stage (Infrared Space Observatory data analysis)
- Automatic Adaptive Routing
- Automatic Address Recognition (various businesses)
- Automatic Alternate Routing
- Automatic Answering and Recording
- Aveize Auto Rétro (car club; France)
- Average Annual Rainfall
- Association of American Railroads/Bureau of Explosives
- At Any Rate
- Access & Amendment Refusal Authority
- Actions Against Rammstein Accusations
Samples in periodicals archive:
To this end, the X-47B is designed to demonstrate a variety of foundational system capabilities, including land- and carrier-based operations, automated aerial refueling, and such key missions as persistent surveillance and reconnaissance, all-weather precision targeting, and precision attack of fixed and mobile surface targets.
The automated aerial refueling project is documenting how a tanker's drogue basket - which contains the fuel nozzle - responds in the presence of the aircraft being refueled.