Cancer, autoimmune thyroid disease, Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis are just a few examples of the hundreds of different immune-related diseases that affect millions of Americans.
What does AITD stand for?
AITD stands for Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AITD
- Automation and Integration of Technical Controls
- Agricultural In-Service Training and Communications Centre (Guyana)
- Anglo Irish Trust Company Limited (est. 1995; London, UK)
- Association for Internship Training in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Association of Independent Trust Companies, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Asian Institute of Technology Center in Vietnam
- Academies of Inquiry and Talent Development (Schoolwide Enrichment Model)
- All Inclusive Trust Deed
- Alone in the Dark (game)
- Australian Institute of Training and Development
- All India Tyre Dealers' Federation
- Almost in Time Dixieland Jazz Band
- Academy of Information Technology and Engineering (Stamford, CT)
- Alberta Indian Tax Exemption (Canada)
- American Indian Teacher Education
- American International Technology Enterprises (American International Group, Inc.)
- Australian Institute of Tertiary Education Administrators
- Aerothermal Investigations on Turbine Endwalls and Blades
- African Information Technology Exhibitions and Conferences
- Association Internationale de Techniciens, Experts et Chercheurs (French: International Association of Technicians, Experts and Researchers; development network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This includes women over age 30 years and those with a family history or autoimmune thyroid disease or hypothyroidism; a goiter; thyroid antibodies, primarily thyroid peroxidase antibodies; symptoms or clinical signs suggestive of thyroid hypofunction; type 1 diabetes mellitus, or other autoimmune disorders; those with infertility; a prior history of preterm delivery; prior therapeutic head or neck irradiation or prior thyroid surgery; and those currently receiving levothyroxine replacement.
If you ignore it, it can trigger CD and other diseases like irritable bowel syndrome, lupus, autoimmune thyroid disease, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and many others.
Autoimmune thyroid diseases are organ-specific autoimmune disorders characterized by autoantibodies against thyroglobulin, thyroid peroxidase, and thyrotropin receptor (4).
Individuals with Down's syndrome have six fold increased risk of developing insulin dependent diabetes and four fold increased risk of developing autoimmune thyroid disease (2-4).
This can result in Hashimoto's disease, a type of autoimmune thyroid disease in which the immune system attacks and destroys the thyroid gland.
A possible explanation for this might be that autoimmune thyroid disease dominates in children, whereas in adults, non-autoimmune causes of thyroid disease are common.
For example, neither chapter 3, "Environmental Factors in Autoimmune Endocrinopathies," nor chapter 4, "Animal Models of Autoimmune Thyroid Disease," has any figures, tables, graphs, or illustrations.