Mutations of autoimmune regulator (AIRE) gene have been identified within chromosome 21q22.
What does AIRE stand for?
AIRE stands for Autoimmune Regulator
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AIRE
We have 24 other meanings of AIRE in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Information Retrieval Engine (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- Advanced Intermediate Representation with Extensibility
- Agence pour l'Investissement dans la Recherche à l'Étranger (French: Agency for Investment in Research Abroad)
- Arizona Institute for Renewable Energy (Tempe, AZ)
- Arlington Initiative to Reduce Emissions (Virginia)
- Artificially Intelligent Reverse Engineer (from Mother of Storms novel by John Barnes)
- Association of Irish Riding Establishments
- Asthma Insights & Reality in Europe (asthma survey)
- Atlantic Interoperability Initiative to Reduce Emissions (aviation)
- Austin Institute of Real Estate (Austin, TX)
- Awards for the Integration of Research and Education
- American Industrial Real Estate Association (California)
- American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers (Chicago, IL)
- Air Forces East Atlantic
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers
- American Indian Resource and Education Coalition
- Australian Independent Real Estate Consultancy
- Association of Illinois Real Estate Educators
- Asian International Real Estate Expo and Conference
- Alarm Industry Research Educational Foundation
Samples in periodicals archive:
3) The disease, which is a rare autosomal recessive disorder, is caused by mutations in the autoimmune regulator gene (AIRE) that has been mapped to chromosome region 21q22.
When the team disabled the autoimmune regulator, the AIRE gene that suppresses autoimmune diseases, immune cells began attacking pancreatic cells secreting digestive enzymes, sparing the mice from type I diabetes, they said.