The patient was a Jehovah's Witness and refused transfusion; she was started on solumedrol for a diagnosis of autoimmune hemolytic anemia and immune-mediated thrombocytopenia.
What does AIHA stand for?
AIHA stands for Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (now Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AIHA
We have 29 other meanings of AIHA in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Institute of Horticulture
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Amelogenesis Imperfecta 1, Hypoplastic Type
- Amelogenesis Imperfecta 2, Hypoplastic Local, Autosomal Dominant
- Amelogenesis Imperfecta 3, Hypoplastic Type
- Albany Institute of History and Art (New York)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American International Health Alliance
- American Italian Heritage Association (Albany, NY)
- American Italian Historical Association
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal
- All India Handicrafts Board
- Animal I Have Become (Three Days Grace song)
- American Indian Health Commission (Washington)
- American Industrial Health Council
- American Institute Hull Clauses (marine insurance)
- Associazione Italiana Hovercraft Clubs (Italian: Italian Association of Hovercraft Clubs)
- Aleutian Islands Habitat Conservation Area
- American Indian Health Care Association (St. Paul, MN)
- Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite continued aggressive treatment for presumed autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA), the patient developed progressive hepatic, renal, and respiratory problems with marked acidosis requiring multiple transfusions of platelets and fresh frozen plasma, hemodialysis, and endotracheal intubation.
Abstract Objective: To present and discuss the treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA).
Abstract: A 40-year-old white male developed Mycoplasma pneumoniae pneumonia (IgM titer 1:256) as well as autoimmune hemolytic anemia due to cold agglutinins (titer of 1:512).
It can be positive in hereditary elliptocytosis and autoimmune hemolytic anemia.
Rituximab for the treatment of refractory autoimmune hemolytic anemia in children.
Autoimmune hemolytic anemia cleared in three of five patients.
Notably, seven patients had active autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) and/or autoimmune thrombocytopenia (AITP) when entering the trial and were successfully treated with FluCam.