The House bill puts basic research programs at the three agencies on a path to doubling authorized funding levels over 10 years, and the Senate committee's bill does the same for NSF and NIST.
What does AFL stand for?
AFL stands for Authorized Funding Level
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFL
We have 184 other meanings of AFL in our Acronym Attic
- Arena Football League
- Armed Forces of Liberia
- Artists for Literacy (San Francisco, CA)
- Assessment for Learning (education)
- Association Familiale du Limousin (French: Limousin Family Association; Limousin, France)
- Association Française de Limnologie (French: French Limnology Association)
- Association Française du Lupus (French: French Lupus Association)
- Association Française pour la Lecture (French: French Reading Association)
- Atrial Flutter
- Australian Football League
- Autofocus Lock (cameras)
- Autoland Flight Tests
- Automatic Line Feed
- Auxiliary Fuel Line
- Away From Link
- Association Française du Lupus et autres Collagénoses
- American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations
- A Four Letter Acronym
- Access & Fairness Leadership Academy (State Bar of California)
- Adolescent Family Life Act
Samples in periodicals archive:
For small communities, the bill increases funding for the Essential Air Service (EAS) annually from $127 million to $200 million and extends the Small Community Air Service Development program through FY 2012 at the current authorized funding level of $35 million per year.
1400 would authorize significant new funding for the CW and SRFs, as well as a substantial new grant assistance program, NACWA is concerned that the federal government will be unable to meet the authorized funding levels.
It increases the authorized funding level from $2 billion to $5.
Meanwhile, the Bush administration has expressed concern about the "dramatic increases" in authorized funding levels in the bills.
House of Representatives approved legislation that would boost the authorized funding levels for a federal program that helps local law enforcement agencies hire more police officers.
He pointed out that the House appropriations bills closely match the authorized funding levels approved by the committee and that the Republican Congress knows "science is more than a piece, but an integral part of the national economy.