Dr John Kanowski, Regional Ecologist, North Eastern Australia for the Australian Wildlife Conservancy, studied three types of projects: monoculture plantations of native hoop pines, mixed species plantations, and rainforest restoration projects comprised of a diverse range of rainforest trees.
What does AWC stand for?
AWC stands for Australian Wildlife Conservancy
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AWC
We have 170 other meanings of AWC in our Acronym Attic
- Army War College
- Art Worker's Coalition (est. 1969; New York, NY)
- Ashwaubenon Wrestling Club (Wisconsin)
- Asian Waterbird Census (International Waterbird Census)
- Assisting Work Center
- Association for Women in Communications
- Association for Women in Computing
- Association of Washington Cities (Olympia, Washington, USA)
- Association of World Citizens
- Australian Weeds Committee
- Australian Wine Club (various locations)
- Automatic Wallpaper Changer (shareware program)
- Available Water Capacity
- Average Working Capital
- Aviation Warfare Center
- Aviation Warfighting Cell
- Aviation Weather Center (US NOAA)
- Avon Williams Campus (Tennessee State University)
- Chief Aviation ASW (Naval Rating)
- Chief Aviation ASW Operator (Naval Rating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Professor Tim Flannery, director of the Australian Wildlife Conservancy, who has spent a lifetime studying these things, tells a fascinating story about the koala and C natural selection.
Other events on next year's calendar include; Come Walkabout in Beverly Hills at the Paley Center in Los Angeles - an interactive consumer travel event showcasing some of Australia's most stylish and exclusive experiences; Australia Plays Broadway, which this year is being held in New York's venerable Carnegie Hall and includes performances from Australian super stars Gabriella Cilmi and Jimmy Barnes; a special performance from the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra at LA's Royce Hall; an Aussie Youth Festival promoting the Australian work and holiday visa for American students; and Wild about Wildlife, a benefit dinner raising money for the Australian Wildlife Conservancy and featuring prominent author and environmentalist Professor Tim Flannery.
The Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is researching dingo interactions on nine of its reserves.
The non-profit Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) has bought Marion Downs Station, 350 km east of Derby in the West Australian Kimberley, to expand a private conservation reserve it established earlier when it purchased the neighbouring Mornington Station.
A number of these non-government, nonprofit land trusts operate in Australia, with the best known probably being Trust for Nature, the Australian Bush Heritage Fund, the Australian Wildlife Conservancy and, based in the United States, The Nature Conservancy.